Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What I Did On My Summer Vacation



So you've come to learn that I am a liar. Why is it so hard to sit down and write a little blog post? In an effort to catch all four readers up...this is what I've been meaning to write about for the past month.

1. Harry Potter. I have got to admit, as happy as I was to get my life back after being attached to the books for two weeks...I was a little sad to let Harry go. Do you ever go through reading phases? I always have a book at the ready, but I go through spurts where I read non-stop. The Harry Potter phase was exhausting. I really enjoyed the seventh book--I had predicted some of what happened, but was pleased with all of the surprises.

2. So You Think You Can Dance. Best summer reality show, in my opinion. I wanted Neil to continue dancing without a shirt on and Sabra to win. I got one of the two....Actually, I think my co-workers are happy for this to be over because I would make them watch my favorite routines on YouTube every Thursday. Can't wait for next summer!

3. Mad Men. It's on AMC...start watching it. ...Although you may get lung cancer from second hand smoke just sitting in front of your television. I'm convinced that the actors should be getting hazard pay.



4. Dengue Fever. I am pretty sure I am going to get it while I am in Costa Rica next week. Or at least it will be my excuse for why it takes me another month to write.

5. DiFara pizza. Delicious. It is like going into a restaurant and having your grandfather make you your lunch on the spot. I have to admit. I preferred Johnny's Pizza in Mount Vernon. DiFara--still ridiculous. Thin and crispy (it was just a little too oily--Grandpa Dom pours olive oil on the pizza at two separate intervals-- and the final sprinkling of parmesan was a bit too pungent, but probably still some of the best pizza I've ever had).



6. Facebook. Holy crap. That's all I can really say because, who knew? That thing is addicting.

I have a few other things in the hopper that I want to talk about...so we'll see what happens.

P.S. Happy DVD Release Day for The Office, Season 3. Go out and get your copy today!

3 comments:

zan said...

I LOVE Mad Men. The best designed show on television. Why can't all shows look that good?

Have a fantastic trip!

Anonymous said...

I also think So You Think You Can Dance is easily the best summer reality show. I was rooting for Sabra the whole time!

I'll have to check out Mad Men. You Farmer girls know your TV shows so I'll always take your advice...

Matt said...

that pizza was not too oily.