Thursday, July 26, 2007

Apparently I have been missing out...

You guys...

I'm obsessed with Harry Potter. Not as obsessed as Julie, but obsessed. I read the first book a few years ago and thought, "meh"--so never bothered to pick up any of the others. I've changed my tune. I was walking down Broadway the night of the release and saw all the people lined up outside of Barnes & Noble dressed up and ...I'm gonna admit...I got a little misty (it doesn't take much). How great is it that people are lined up for a book?! People of all ages sitting on the dirty New York sidewalks for hours to be the first to get their hands on a copy. So Saturday, I sat down and reread Book 1. It was enticing! It was enjoyable! What Debbie Downer crack had I been smoking before?! Then, by pure luck...I was struck with a bit of the crud...enough to keep me home from work on Monday and Tuesday...today is Thursday and I am a quarter of the way through Book 5. I have been a reading machine! Last night I watched So You Think You Can Dance (the best summer television, IMHO--did you see Neil disco?) with one eye on the television and the other on my book (I'm a multi-tasker). I needed to finish Book 4 before I went to bed. I need to get this out of my system. The space between my thumb and forefinger is sore from holding big ass books for five days.

In other news, I made the mint ice cream and I am a bit disappointed. Or maybe I like processed mint chocolate chip too much. I am not a huge fan of fresh mint as it is and the ice cream turned out quite....earthy. Like mint with a side of dirt. I'm going to have to try it again with some tweaking. I'm thinking peach is next.

4 comments:

zan said...

Shame about the mint. Ciao Bella does a good real mint chocolate chip gelato that tastes like the "earthy" I think you're describing, but I love that taste. Like the mint picked from a field. But I can understand why you weren't into it. It's not exactly Baskin Robbins. I can't wait to hear about the next ice cream adventure!

And have fun with Harry; I think #7 was my favorite of the lot.

Anonymous said...

Jess and I were always fanatical about HP. I am trying to enjoy #7 but dont have the time to read it right now. Are you going to try pistachio?

Anonymous said...

1. You need to start bringing the ice cream in for taste testing...

2. Nothing is better than 'So You Think You Can Dance'...team Sabra!

3. Glad you went to rehab, cuz yeah Harry Potter...

Sarah said...

Emily! I didn't know you had a BLOG!!!