Friday, July 13, 2007

Ice Cream Dreams

I made an impulse purchase at the beginning of the summer...


...An awesome, red ice cream maker, which I have to admit...I've only used once and with only a semi-successful result. The watermelon sorbet I attempted turned out to be quite icy and I haven't been home enough since to try again. But, inspired by the book The Perfect Scoop by David Lebowitz and this picture on Apartment Therapy, I am going to give it a go this weekend.

Any requests? Recommendations? Ice cream clearly isn't on the sugar/dairy/gluten/ fun-free diet I have been subjecting myself to for awhile, but it's summer. ...and the machine is shiny and red and begging to be used.

3 comments:

zan said...

My favorite flavor: mint chocolate chip. If you can do that, I'll be inspired to get one of my own.

Glad I to be reading you, Emily!

Anonymous said...

I MADE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM
succkkkerrrr

Anonymous said...

Well said.