Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.



As a committed television-watcher, May is a tough month for me. Season finales, series finales, there is a lot to watch and it only signals the upcoming wasteland of summer reruns. Due to Matt and Julie's insistence last year, I caught up on The Office over the summer--only to be completely addicted by the brilliance of the show by the beginning of this year's season. My co-worker, Tom and I look at each other on Friday mornings and start laughing--dropping some completely insane quote from the previous night's episode. I think it is pretty rare to have a show that is so consistently funny, with moments of outrageousness and cringe-worthiness that I haven't experienced with any other show. Seriously...how does Michael get away with that stuff? The recent episode where he stuck his finger through his fly to "flash" the office? Oh my God. I wanted to curl up in a little ball and DIE, but it was so fantastic.

But I have to say this, writers and creators of The Office...

Will you let Jim and Pam get together already? The angst and sexual tension is driving me nutso. I don't think I can go through another season of who likes who. We need those two as a prank-pulling, super-team. The distance throughout the season has been so disappointing....and my local coffee shop agrees.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Holy crap. Our blog got a mention. Maybe its time to update that bad boy (amazing how the years fly by).