Sunday, May 20, 2007

Signs of Summer

Before the smell of urine and garbage takes over the steaming streets of New York in July and August, much more pleasant signs of summer...like street fairs and days in the park, occupy your weekends. Or they would if you weren't working insane hours. Today is the Amsterdam Ave. Street Fair and we took a respite from installation for fresh air...and of course, street fair corn. Some people get all fancy with honey butter, or mayonaisse (gross) and jalapeno butter, but I prefer straight up butter, salt, and pepper.




Here is my question for all of you four readers...why all the sock vendors? I have to say, I just don't get it. I've heard of people who only buy their socks at street fairs. What is this phenomenon? I don't think it exists in Ohio. Today, as we were walking the fair, I counted at least one sock vendor on each block....and one underwear vendor too.




2 comments:

m said...

diabetic socks?!

Anonymous said...

Do you ever get the queso on your corn? very good. All i know is that the socks are a very manhattan thing. i don't see them on every block at the b'lyn street fairs.